Probably the most used wallet by crypto users because of its connectivity with popular blockchains, Metamask is one you should have. To help you get ready, we’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to establish a Metamask account in this article.
But, before we get into how to get a Metamask account, let’s first go through what it is and how it operates.
What Is Metamask?
Metamask is a cryptocurrency wallet that allows users to store, manage, transmit, and receive bitcoin and tokens on the Ethereum network. Users may manage their Ethereum wallets more easily by installing this program as a browser extension or mobile app.
You may use MetaMask, an add-on for web browsers that functions as an Ethereum wallet, to store your ETH. In addition to storing ETH or other ERC-20 tokens, the extension may be installed like any other plugin. This allows the user to send tokens to any address on the Ethereum blockchain.
A user may access dApps hosted on the Ethereum blockchain after the plugin has been installed. When users are online, they may use cryptocurrencies to buy games or make transactions in decentralized apps. The Decentralized Finance (DeFi) industry may be accessed using this add-on as well.
Setting up a Metamask Account
Newbies to the crypto space may find its jargon and acronyms daunting but setting up MetaMask is simple and takes just a few minutes.
A Metamask account may be created in two ways. Install the Metamask extension on your PC first, followed by the MetaMask app on your mobile device. Also, depending on the browser, the processes for establishing a Metamask account will differ somewhat. Nonetheless, you may establish your Metamask account by following the regular procedures outlined below.
How to Make a Metamask Account on a PC
- Open your browser and type Metamask Extension or Metamask.io into the search bar.
- Select Metamask and save it to your browser.
- After downloading the Metamask extension, click “Get Started” to register for an account.
- Select “Create Wallet” from the two choices shown.
- Create a secure password for your account.
- Next, review the Terms of Service and click “Create” to continue.
- A Metamask introductory movie will play. You may choose to watch or skip, and then click “Next.”
- Click the “Click Here to Reveal Secret Words” button to reveal the Secret Backup Phrase.
- Copy or download the Secret Backup Phrase to restore your account. Furthermore, keep your phrase in a safe spot since others might use it to access your account.
- Enter your Secret Backup Phrase and then click “Confirm.”
How to Make a Metamask Account on Mobile
- Download the MetaMask app from Google Play or the App Store and install it on your mobile device.
- Open the MetaMask app and choose “Get Started.”
- From the choices, choose “Create Wallet.”
- Enter a secure password, accept the Terms of Service, and then click “Create Password.” Users of iPhones may also activate “Sign in with Face ID.”
- To protect your cryptocurrency wallet, copy the Secret Recovery Phrase or Seed Phrase, then click “Start.”
- Finally, click “Done” and “I accept” to access your Metamask account.
How Do I Make a Second Metamask Account?
Another excellent feature of Metamask is that it enables users to establish other accounts in addition to their default account or Account 1. Keep in mind, though, that establishing another Metamask account cannot be erased. So, if you wish to have several Metamask accounts, follow the procedures below to create another Metamask account.
- Open Metamask in your browser and log in to your Account 1.
- Click the circular button or favicon in the top right corner of your screen.
- On the choices page, select “Create Account.”
- Enter an Account Name and click “Create” to create a new Metamask account.
How to Create an Additional Metamask Account on Mobile
- Open the Metamask mobile app.
- Double-click the favicon on your Account 1.
- Next, choose “Create New Account” to create a new Metamask account. You may also change the settings for your other accounts by tapping on them.